For the main soup:
Cannellini or other white beans 1.5 tins (drained)
Celery sticks 4
Potatoes, small and waxy 5-6
Chard or kale 540g
Stock 1.2 ltrs
For the pistou:
Garlic cloves 2
Olive oil 4 tbsp
Lemon juice 1.5 lemons
Salt and pepper to season
- Neatly dice the shallots, celery, carrots and potatoes.
- Slowly saute til softened (20-30 mins).
- To prep the chard, remove the leafy parts from the stalk. Thinly slice the stalk and add to the pot then thinly shred the leaves and set aside.
- Add stock and beans to the soup and season.
- Simmer until the potatoes and veg are all nicely cooked.
- Meanwhile make the pistou (think along the lines of a pesto) by blending all the ingredients together in a food processor.
- Once the potatoes and veg are cooked, take 1/3 of the soup out of the pot and blitz.
- Add this blitzed soup back to the pot, add the pistou and chard leaves, take off the heat
- leave with the lid on the pot for 5 mins so that the chard leaves can cook.
- Serve and enjoy.
1 hour, serves 8, vegan & gluten free
Tough Mary's Bakehouse
Currently offering pre order collections only - Call the bakery, social media or email
At the moment for preordered collections are on: Tue, Thu and Sat 10:00 - 15:00
70-72 Derby Road, Nottingham NG1 5FD
Insta: @toughmarysbakehosue FB: https://www.facebook.com/toughmarysbakehouse Tw: @toughmarys