asparagus & pea soup
2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
2 bundles of asparagus (350g)
280g of frozen peas
4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 medium shallot finely chopped
salt and pepper
200ml of vegan milk eg. almond or oat
200ml of vegetable broth
a handful of chives or other garnish
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200c and spread asparagus on a bare baking sheet. Drizzle with oil of choice and season with salt & pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 10-15 minutes, then set aside.
2. Heat a large saucepan on a medium heat. Once hot, add oil, shallot and garlic. Season lightly with salt & pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Reduce heat if garlic begins browning. Add peas, vegetable broth and almond milk and season with salt & pepper once more.
3. If serving with croutons, cube the bread, season and drizzle with oil. Cook for 10-15 minutes in the oven and turn over at the 5 minute mark.
4. While croutons are baking, transfer soup to blender along with asparagus, but reserve the tips for garnish. Blend soup until creamy and smooth.
5. Transfer back to your saucepan and bring to medium heat and simmer.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper if desired.
7. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
8. Serve soup with croutons, asparagus tips, chopped chives and a drizzle of oil.
If there is any leftovers, keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days, though best when fresh.
45 minutes serves 4 vegan & gluten free
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!